The Man On The Moon, Norfolk Street
Pub: Punch Taverns
- Web site.
- In April 2000 the landlord of the White Hart took over
and in June was renamed back to The Man On The Moon in name and nature from "The Office".
- Reopened after several months' major refurbishment as The Office in September 1998 with a new landlord.
A pool-themed venue with a suitably cheesy pub sign of a bowler-hatted gent.
The former Irishness was retained only to the extent of the name - slang for boozer.
See Better Day At The Office.
The former landlady of the Baker's Yard took over in June 1999 (before moving on to the Osborne Arms).
- As The Man On The Moon, used to be a big folk music venue till a change of landlord led to the folk clubs
moving back to the Portland Arms.
- In the current building's early days (mid 1960s) it was a trendy place, leading a certain undergraduate to
write Everyone's Gone To The Moon.
- Pre-slum-clearance there was a Man In The Moon pub in the area.
| Ian's home page